Australian Computing Academy is offering a Digital Technologies Workshop
Venue is Loreto College, 415 Cavendish Road, Coorparoo 4151
What will the workshop include?
- Case studies showcasing existing practice, and school-wide scope & sequence, incorporating ACA resources
- Hands-on experiences with free, classroom-ready resources that target the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Introduction to various programming tools available, including visual and text-based programming, and object-oriented approaches.
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming, covering coding aspects of years 5-6 and 7-8 curriculum, focusing on defining and decomposing real-world problems, designing algorithms and implementing programs.
The workshop runs from 8:30am – 4:00pm on both days.
Who Should Attend?
- Primary and secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
Is there a cost?
Tickets are $100 for the two-day event. Members of QSITE can access discounted tickets for $60 using discount codes provided by your local association – contact them for more details.
Register at cmp.ac/brisbane-2019
What should I bring?
Bring yourself and a laptop. We’ll organise the rest, including lunch and morning tea both days, as well as lots of classroom-ready resources to take away.
The Australian Digital Technologies Challenges and workshops are an initiative of, and funded by, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
Enquiries contact email@example.com