QSITE connects and supports educators, institutions and their stakeholders so they may fully explore the opportunities Information Communication Technologies bring to Queensland education and its classrooms every day.
Through state-wide learning communities and professional networks, QSITE members:
Engage........... students and educators in life-long learning
Share.............. ICT challenges, achievements and experiences
Connect.......... with colleagues for collaboration and learning
Lead................ ICT education and ICT integration in Queensland
QSITE: educators of today, creating tomorrow! More about QSITE....
QSITE DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES: DIGITAL CHAMPIONS
The QSITE Digital Technologies: Digital Champions project, funded in part by the ACCE, will develop teacher understanding of the concepts, processes and ways of thinking that are central to the Digital Technologies subject. Practising teachers from across QSITE’s five Chapters and two networks will be recruited to create resources designed to build teacher capacity in the Digital Technologies subject.
QSITE is looking for a team of digital champions to develop resources and help others with Digital Technologies.
Is this you?
An initial development team of 8-10 teachers, to be known as Digital Champions, will be selected so that their experience caters for each of the different schooling bands (F-Year 2, Years 3/4, Years 5/6, Years 7/8 and Years 9/10). The work of the Digital Champions will begin with a guided two-day workshop in Townsville in January 15-16, 2014. Follow-up workshops, led by the Digital Champions, will be run in each QSITE chapter and network during Term 1 2014, and collated resources will be shared on the QSITE and/or ACCE websites for all Australian teachers to use.
Digital Technologies: Digital Champions will set in place a resource, by April 2014, whose full potential will be reached in 2015 when the Digital Technologies subject begins to be implemented. We are aiming to help develop local expertise in preparation for full implementation and provide just-in-time resources for teachers across the country.
What to expect at the orientation workshop
The orientation workshop for selected champions will be held in January 2014. During the workshop, the Digital Champions will analyse the Digital Technologies curriculum in detail and begin resource development under the guidance of the project’s critical friends. The champions will become familiar with the Blackboard Collaborate environment and begin to populate a repository of resources. The champions will also, with guidance of Dr Margaret Lloyd, devise a format (a workshop formula/kit) for the workshops that they will, in turn, deliver face-to-face in their home chapters/networks during Term 1 2014.
The resources developed through the project will be suitable for use in teacher professional development and adaptable for classroom use.
What QSITE expects of its Digital Champions
- be available to be in Townsville from January 15 to 16 (travelling on January 14), accommodation (twin share) and economy flights/ground travel will be covered.
- be willing to conduct a minimum of 3 workshops during Semester 1m 2014 (negotiated with and organised by your local chapter/network) to help others understand Digital Technologies. It is unlikely these will be held in school time – after hours or weekends
- facilitate the development of shared resources for others to use
- stay in touch with the other champions (virtually) through to April 2014
- liaise with QSITE, through its appointed critical friends, to check the quality and relevance of prepared resources before they are uploaded to a shared public space.
How QSITE will support their Digital Champions
- Travel and accommodation costs will be covered to attend the two-day workshop in Townsville
- Champions will be allocated a small budget to support catering for afternoon workshops
- A virtual network will be developed and maintained to ensure champions are able to connect with each other and critical friends
- 1 day release per champion to enable time for workshop planning and coordination
If this is you, then nominate using the nomination form.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
DUE DECEMBER 22, 2013
|Digital Champions info and nom-1.pdf||284.99 KB|